Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
Together with THE LOCAL FUND for the Harrogate District partnership we are launching an online lottery called THE LOCAL LOTTO for the Harrogate District.THE LOCAL LOTTO is a fundraising opportunity for local voluntary and community sector groups across the Harrogate District which also enables lottery players to support the good causes they care about most.
We want to enable as many voluntary and community sector groups and organisations as possible to join to be part of THE LOCAL LOTTO for the Harrogate District (lottery). As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005), we have to ensure that all groups meet the eligibility criteria set out below.
It is free for good causes to join THE LOCAL LOTTO and the money raised makes an important contribution towards keeping our voluntary and community sector thriving across the Harrogate District.
In order to be eligible your organisation/group must:
- Provide community activities or services within the Harrogate District, which are of benefit to the residents of the Harrogate District
- Have a formal constitution or set of rules
- Have a bank account requiring at least two unrelated signatories
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
And be either:
- A constituted group/ organisation with a volunteer management committee with a minimum of three unrelated members that meets on a regular basis (at least three times per year)
- A registered charity, with a board of trustees
- A registered Community Interest Company, and provide copies of your Community Interest Statement, details of the Asset Lock included in your Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a copy of your latest annual community interest report
Supporting documentation must be submitted as part of your request to join. Failure to do so may exclude your group/ organisation from being part of the lottery.
Churches and faith organisations may only apply to join to fund raise for projects that are open to the wider community where the primary aim of the project is not to promote any religion or faith.
You will not be eligible to join THE LOCAL LOTTO if:
- Groups/ organisations promoting a particular religious or political belief or activity, or a campaign that does not directly relate to the provision of community activities or services within the Harrogate District
- Groups/ organisations that do not do work within the boundaries of Harrogate District
- Groups/ organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- Groups/ organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC)
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the process, registration process and participation in THE LOCAL LOTTO
Groups / organisations must:
- operate within the Harrogate District, providing facilities, activities or services for the benefit of our residents
- be able to demonstrate the service it is providing by giving details of its activities and the number of people it is in contact with when requested
- have a committee or board of decision makers (with at least three unrelated members), a constitution and a bank account
- must actively promote equality
- have a safeguarding policy in place if working with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults
- spend funding awards in accordance with any funding award conditions
- respond to any queries from Harrogate Borough Council. During the application process, Harrogate Borough Council may require you to provide evidence that you have complied with the funding conditions in respect of previous funding awards from the Council or other funding providers. Failure to comply with this request will mean that your application may not proceed
- provide key information and documents to support their application. This includes personal data such as contact details of key persons associated with the running of the group/ organisation
- fully complete the online application form otherwise your application will not be accepted by Harrogate Borough Council
Harrogate Borough Council reserves
- the right to reject any application to join THE LOCAL LOTTO for any reason with no right to appeal
- its right not to accept any application
- the right to suspend and / or remove any group / organisation for whatever reason by giving 7 days’ notice. If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected suspension / cancellation will be with immediate effect
- the right to change these terms and conditions at any time
As part of THE LOCAL LOTTO, groups/ organisations agree to:
- actively promote THE LOCAL LOTTO for the Harrogate District, using the marketing materials provided by it to promote the community aims of the organisation in an appropriate manner
- aim to sell at least 20 lottery tickets in the first four weeks and thereafter sell a minimum of 20 tickets every week. Failure to do so could lead to disqualification from the THE LOCAL LOTTO
- agree to spend proceeds from THE LOCAL LOTTO for the Harrogate District on community activities or services that directly benefit the residents of the Harrogate District
- comply with any requested site visit/meetings and any further contact as deemed necessary by Harrogate Borough Council for audit purposes
- provide a copy of their constitution and other documents on request
- wherever possible, acknowledge the funding from THE LOCAL LOTTO for the Harrogate District in its marketing collateral, website and premises
- inform Harrogate Borough Council immediately if the group/organisation intends to disband, changes its aims, legal status or any other policy that may affect its eligibility for the scheme
Harrogate Borough Council is registered under the Data Protection Legislation for the purpose of processing personal data in the performance of its legitimate business. In order to register as a good cause for THE LOCAL LOTTO for the Harrogate District, group/ organisation must provide key information and documents to support their application.
We collect information from you such as contact details of key persons associated with running the group/ organisation in order to:
- Check the eligibility of the group/ organisation to register as a good cause in line with our Terms and Conditions
- Enable the Council to make contact with key persons associated with the running of the group/ organisation in line with monitoring expectations. For example, initial and annual checks relating to eligibility
- Enable the Council to make contact with key persons associated with the running of the group/ organisation on any matters relating to THE LOCAL LOTTO for the Harrogate District such as its progress, changes to how it is run that may affect participating good causes and special events
All information provided at the point of application including copies of documentation, will be held by Harrogate Borough Council for a period of 6 years after which the organisation stops being registered as a good cause for THE LOCAL LOTTO for the Harrogate District. Application information relating to any organisations/ group who are not accepted for any reason will be held for a period of 6 months and will then be destroyed.
Harrogate Borough Council and Gatherwell Limited
Harrogate Borough Council have appointed Gatherwell Limited to manage THE LOCAL LOTTO for the Harrogate District on their behalf. Harrogate Borough Council hold the appropriate Gambling License and are registered with the Lotteries Council.
Harrogate Borough Council retains the right to publicise all beneficiaries of lottery funding.
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the THE LOCAL LOTTO website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 50p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through THE LOCAL LOTTO - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials. Provided digitally in a range of formats.